This function allows an administrator to quickly and easily generate multiple copies for a specific title with one click.
This is great for cataloguing multiple copies of:
- New fiction books
Prerequisites for using the 'Bulk Copy Generator'
1. You use pre-printed barcode labels from a supplier.
2. Barcode labels have been stuck onto the physical copies already.
3. Labels which have been stuck onto the physical copies have been assigned in ascending order.
Barcode 1, 2, 3 - have being assigned to 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone'
Barcode 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 - have being assigned to 'Romulus My Father'
Barcode 9, 10, 11 - have been assigned to 'Kite Runner'
N.B. the Bulk Copy Generator creates all copies with ascending barcodes. If your barcodes assigned to the physical copies are not in ascending order you will be unable to use the Bulk Copy Generator.
How to use the 'Bulk Copy Generator'
N.B. Before continuing, please ensure you are using an account which has access to the Catalogue.
1. Login and click the icon.
2. Select Catalogue from the System Menu
3. Click and navigate to the title record you wish to bulk generate new copies for.
4. From the Right-Hand Column, click the +Bulk Copy icon.
5. Once the 'Bulk Copy Generator' loads, verify that you are about to generate copies for the correct title record by ensuring the correct title is listed in the Title field.
6. Scan the first barcode of the range into the First Barcode field.
7. Enter the number of copies you wish SmartLibrary to generate in the No. to create field.
8. Select the copy information which you wish to assign to your new batch of copies from the remaining fields.
9. Select your correct Barcode Format from the list at the bottom of your screen.
N.B. If you are unsure of your barcode format, please contact your Barcode Supplier OR Functional Solutions before continuing.
10. Click the icon.
11. SmartSuite will confirm if there have been any errors or if the generation was successful by displaying the relevant message at the bottom of the window.
12. Once you receive a 'Success' message the copies have been saved. Close the Bulk Copy Generator browser tab and navigate back to the Catalogue browser tab.
13. You should now see your newly generated copies in the Copy Section of the Catalogue, all with their correct copy information & ascending barcodes.
Publish Date: 10/04/2018
Publisher: Functional Solutions
Creator: Ishan Fernando