By Marking a Copy as Lost, SmartSuite enables catalogue administrators the ability to easily:
a) Return an item from a patrons name (if it was on loan)
b) Place a lost comment against the barcode for auditing & circulation traps
c) Change the status to Lost so your clients don't attempt to reserve or borrow an item which is no longer available.
How to mark an item as Lost
N.B. Before continuing, please ensure you are using an account which has access to the Catalogue module.
1. Login and navigate to the Catalogue module.
2. Click Find and locate the title you wish to mark a copy as Lost for.
3. Scroll to the Copy section.
4. Right-Click on the copy you wish to mark as lost.
5. Select Lost from the action drop down menu.
6. The System will now:
a. Return the item from the users borrowing profile (if it was on a loan)
b. Place a Lost Comment into the Comments Field of that Copy.
c. Update the Copy Status to Lost
7. If you wish to add information to the Lost Comment, simply scroll along the copy information line and add additional annotations into the Comments field.
8. Remember to click the button to ensure all your changes are saved.
Publish Date: 10/04/2018
Publisher: Functional Solutions
Creator: Ishan Fernando